With the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, it’s all too easy for the true meaning of Christmas to be overshadowed by gifts and gatherings. This week Leslie shares practical ways to keep Christ at the center of your celebration and prepare your heart to receive the greatest Gift we have ever been given.
Holidays can be a temptation to be distracted from eternal things. It can be tempting to slide into spiritual laxness and let go of healthy spiritual habits. Let’s remember that everything we do should always be done for the glory of God. These practical tips will keep you from sliding into spiritual laxness and will refresh your mind and heart about the holiness of the Christmas season!
- Protect Daily Quiet Times — Make an appointment with the Lord throughout the holiday season and see where you can prioritize time with Christ amide the hustle and bustle.
- Continually Fill Your Mind with Truth — Incorporate audio Scripture, audio books on Christian biographies, placing Scripture around your living areas to be reminded of truth at every turn. Going to the Word of God and being filled with His reality and not the negative messages of the culture is so important in a world of “doom and gloom” messages.
- Don’t Lower Your Standards Because of Social Pressure — Holiday entertainment, social gatherings, and more can appear to hold lighthearted fun, but it’s important that we keep from marring our relationship with Jesus just because of social pressure. Are you willing to accept temporary tension for eternal reward for your obedience? Let’s not dishonor the name of Jesus in the name of celebration.
- Turn Outward and Serve — This is the most wonderful time of the year to get out there and serve others who are in need!
- Remember: We Already Have the Best News Ever — Refresh yourself in the amazing Gospel story! Remember that God has already given you the best news and the greatest gift we could hope for, want, or need.