When we embrace God’s pattern for raising children, it brings strength — not weakness — into our lives. This week, Leslie uncovers powerful Scriptural principles that proclaim the blessing, joy, and gift that children bring and shares helpful tips on how to smile through seasons of mothering young children. Whether you’re looking for fresh perspective in your present “mess” or desire to be a joy-filled woman long before you’re a joy-filled mother, this episode will equip you for embracing the little years with a smile.embed
Five Scriptural Principles for Motherhood
Each of these life-giving truths will help you balance out the negative perspectives that are so prevalent in our culture.
- Children are Meant to Bring Strength into our Lives // Psalm 127:4
- Children are a Reward and Gift from God // Psalm 127:3
- God tenderly and gently cares for mothers of young children // Isaiah 40:11
- Children are precious in God’s sight // Matthew 19:14
- God intends to make us into happy mothers // Psalm 113:9; Proverbs 31:25
How do we take these promises and experience them in our every day lives?
Tips to Cultivating Joy in Motherhood
1. Practice gratitude — Thank God for the challenges and allow Him to grow us through the challenges.
2. Choose joy — Joy begins with a choice and not a feeling.
3. Enjoy your children — Slow down and cultivate meaningful one-on-one time
Make the most of each day God has given you with your kids and make it your earnest prayer for Him to flood you with His vision for how to be a happy mother who delights in her children.
You’re invited to Leslie’s upcoming Marriage & Motherhood Retreat, November 7-9, 2019 at the Ellerslie Campus in Windsor, CO. Gain God’s vision for building a strong foundation for your future. An inspiring event for wives, mothers, and single women of any age. Learn more here.