Have you ever wondered how to cultivate heavenly radiance in your life? This week, Leslie answers your questions about physical beauty. Cultivating true beauty is more than a makeup routine or workout regimen. Authentic feminine loveliness is fostered within a surrendered heart. This episode hands you more than techniques, it hands you practical truth to take into your lifestyle.
Q: Where does heavenly radiance come from? Psalm 34:5 talks about the beautiful qualities of those who are radiance. How does one appropriate this promise into real life?
A: True beauty comes from surrender to Jesus Christ and self-denial which invites the loveliness of Christ to come cascading into your life. A beauty that points back to Jesus Christ is the best kind.
Three Keys to Cultivating Heavenly Radiance:
- Spend time in HIs presence daily
- Put your full trust in God and don’t give sway to fear.
- Rejoice and rest in all that He is; refrain from complaint.
Q: How do I learn to see myself through Jesus’ eyes — as the apple of His eye, as fearfully and wonderfully made, and as beautiful to Him?
A: Meditate on portions of Scripture that reveal your true identity in the eyes of your Heavenly Father. Some great places to start would be: Psalm 45, Psalm 139, Ezekiel 16, and Song of Solomon. Keep in mind that the entire Bible is a love story between a Groom (Jesus) and His bride (the Church).
Be purposeful of rejecting the lies of the culture and stand in truth. Furthermore, turning outward is an incredible cure for insecurity. It is important to agree with God in this era rather than look to the world for our definition of value and beauty.
Q: Can you give specific qualities for how to cultivate heavenly radiance?
A: Here are five things you must “be” in order to cultivate heavenly radiance!
- Become fulfilled in Christ — realize that He is everything you need for life and godliness. (See 2 Peter 1:3.)
- Be others focused — serve those God has placed in your life.
- Be truth-led not emotions-led — self-pity quickly follows on the heels of a woman who is led by her emotions.
- Be discreet and reverent in your behavior — take your cues from the Word of God and guard the sacred things He has entrusted to you.
- Be willing to suffer for Christ — the beauty that is cultivated by gold that is refined in the fire is altogether lovely!
Q: What if you have a physical attribute that makes you self-conscious or insecure? How do I know what I should “improve” about my physical appearance?
A: This is an individual decision to bring before God. However, it is important to note that it comes down to your heart motive. It is helpful to ask: Is my motive one that will better help me serve God and love others? Or is my motive simply for selfish, sensual appeal? It is one thing to remove distraction, it is another to draw unhealthy attention to yourself or be in stride with the culture.
- Matthew 16:24
- John 3:31
You’re invited to Leslie’s upcoming Marriage & Motherhood Retreat, November 7-9, 2019 at the Ellerslie Campus in Windsor, CO. Gain God’s vision for building a strong foundation for your future. An inspiring event for wives, mothers, and single women of any age. Learn more here.