Today Leslie answers the question, “Is triumphant Christianity possible?” Discover the stunning and beautiful truth that the pattern of true Christianity is full of victory, triumph, and ardent devotion to the King of all kings. If you find yourself growing weary in your walk with Christ, this episode is a cup of cool water straight from the well of His Word!
GAUGE YOUR HEART
Answering the following questions can be helpful in determining just where we are in our walk with the Lord. Take time to review the questions below honestly, asking the searchlight of God’s Spirit to shine the thoughts of your heart.
- Are you ready to forsake common comforts in order to follow Jesus?
- Are you willing to risk your security — or even your very life — in order to see His Name be lifted high?
- Are you desirous to see God’s glory return to this earth?
- When the choice of loyalty to Him comes your way, do you choose self-preservation or sheer abandonment to Christ?
When we get to the place where we feel Christianity “just isn’t working for us anymore,” that is often because we haven’t made the conscious choice to say (or declare afresh!), “I’m with Jesus — no matter the cost!”
Remember, that Jesus Christ gave up everything to redeem us. The question is are we willing to give up everything to Him in return.
CHARACTERISTICS OF TRIUMPHANT CHRISTIANS:
- Set free from worldliness and walk in victory over sinful strongholds
- Reject spiritual mediocrity
- Genuinely happy and contain a joy that cannot be shaken
- Self-sacrificing rather than self-protecting
- Find their satisfaction in Christ alone
Remember, that following Christ means more than adopting a few culturally-accepted Christian morals, saying the right things, or checking off the to-do list of Christianity.
CULTIVATING A TRIUMPHANT LIFESTYLE
- Count the cost – true set-apartness means clinging to the Cross and lifting it high for the world to see.
- Embrace the foolishness of the Gospel and of the Cross of Christ.
- Remember that being set apart for Christ is not a hindrance to our witness, being set apart for christ is our Christian witness.
- Make the decision to follow Jesus with “no turning back.”
Remember that true Christianity will influence the world but it will never be applauded by the world.
Ask yourself if you’re willing to let go of lukewarm living and cling boldly to the Cross of Jesus Christ. It may, at first glance, seem like the worst place to be but when you embrace it you will find that it becomes the place of utmost joy, victory, and satisfaction!
When we are living in the trenches of daily life, it can be difficult to know if there are others walking a